Citing DARLA and its components
We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suggested in-text citation for the completely automated functions: DARLA (Reddy & Stanford 2015), using Prosodylab-Aligner (Gorman et al. 2011), FAVE-Extract (Rosenfelder et al. 2014), and the Vowels R package (Kendall & Thomas 2010).
Suggested in-text citation for the semi-automated functions: FAVE-Extract (Rosenfelder et al. 2014) and Prosodylab-Aligner (Gorman et al. 2011) using the DARLA web interface (Reddy & Stanford 2015) and the Vowels R package (Kendall & Thomas 2010).
- Gorman, Kyle, Jonathan Howell and Michael Wagner. 2011. Prosodylab-Aligner: A Tool for Forced Alignment of Laboratory Speech. Canadian Acoustics. 39.3. 192–193.
- Kendall, Tyler and Erik R. Thomas. 2010. Vowels: vowel manipulation, normalization, and plotting in R. R package. cran.r-project.org/web/packages/vowels/index.html.
- Reddy, Sravana and James Stanford. 2015. Toward completely automated vowel extraction: Introducing DARLA. Linguistics Vanguard.
- Rosenfelder, Ingrid; Fruehwald, Josef; Evanini, Keelan; Seyfarth, Scott; Gorman, Kyle; Prichard, Hilary; Yuan, Jiahong; 2014. FAVE (Forced Alignment and Vowel Extraction) Program Suite v1.2.2 10.5281/zenodo.22281.
In addition, if you use the NORM online interface for custom normalization and plotting of the vowel space, please also cite:
- Thomas, Erik R. and Tyler Kendall. 2007. NORM: The vowel normalization and plotting suite. Online Resource. lvc.uoregon.edu/norm/index.php